Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm not sorry for the inconvenience.




I'm sorry if you find it inconvenient,
but without you we wouldn't be in it,
you ate too much, and cared too little,
you littered too much, and reused too little,
you trashed the world, and now your melt,
explain to me, how you thought it felt,
when the sun shone down, 
as you tried to tan,
but tan time is up,
you're sizzling now.
Heaped up hype, how high is the sky,
higher than humans can afford to buy,
now summer time, come out beach bum,
beach is gone? waters on the rise,
retreating sand dunes, 
once seriously smooth,
desertify your garden,
no more tomatos? i beg your pardon,
Harden up young soldier skin,
it's more than cancer you'll have to face,
it's food you'll fight for soon.
Sayonara Kiribati,
you'll be the new atlantis,
you didn't make enough fuss,
drowning now, howling aloud,
sincerely sorry, world's weeping now.
And what of us? Can you keep your cup?
Can you try resuse your chopsticks too?
There isn't space for infinite refills,
chuck cups, chuck us, land fill, ground us.
Beep beep, I'm coming through,
why would I walk when I can drive to you?
smell that oil? burn that fuel, 

be like Bush, I'll fool you too,
motor way, zoom and stray,
surely there's another way?
Fossil fuels, respon-see-bulls, 
Bulls-eye, no wings to fly,
Carbon tax? Leave no tracks,
change your ways?
Are you insane!
You're more than welcome to stay this way,
but tell me now if thats your plan,
for I refuse to introduce children,
to a world left in your hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment