Wednesday, September 28, 2011

(Songs To Raise Your Dead Spirits)

A friend told me about the Blue Scholars about 4 years ago, I played their LP 'Bayani' to death but never thought to follow up on whether they released any further music...until now. In a moment of rediscovered I went on a search for anything they might have released since. Much to my excitement, I found that they released a brand new album in June (Cinemetropolis)- I immediately went to itunes and purchased the album!


Also, I found that DJ Sabzi (one half of the Blue Scholars) has recently collaborated with with Kelsey Bulkin to create 'M∆DE IN HEIGHTS'. They released an EP at the end of last year, Winter Pigeons, and just last month they released an 11-track album, both of which are currently being overplayed in my ears, throughout the house, while driving in my car, while walking the dog, while grocery shopping. It was exactly what was missing from my music playlist and I only wish they had more songs!


This is on the very top of my recommendations list, and just to give you a sample of their stuff here is a link to (one of) my favourite song(s):






No comments:

Post a Comment